Do interruptions frustrate your productivity? Typically, people who work in cubicles are interrupted about six times an hour!
Ways to manage drop-in visitors:
· Go to their offices...it's easier to control the length of time.
· Think ahead and try to meet outside of your office.
· Put a sign across the entrance that reads, "Please come back at 1:00."
· Take the visitor's chair out of your office.
· Rearrange your furniture so your back is to the cubicle entrance.
Please note that one or two of the preceding ideas may not be appropriate in your organization.